Thursday, 4 July 2013

printables: elderflower cordial labels

These days I get excited about the strangest things ... last week the elderflower tree at the end of our garden came into bloom, why is this exciting, because it means elderflower cordial time is here - yay!

Elderflower is my absolute favourite soft drink, and last year I made some for the very first time. It was deelish and I can't wait to make it again. Anyway looking back at the pics reminded that I made some pretty labels to stick on the bottles last year and I thought it might be nice to share them, just in case you have the urge to make some cordial for yourself (you really should it's easy peasy and yummy!).

While I was working out how to share them, I slightly revisited the design and ended up with 5 versions - I couldn't decide which my favourite was, and anyhow everyone like different looks, so instead of sharing just one, I decided to share all 5, that way you can choose for yourself! To download the pdf, just click on the link for the number of your favourite label.


To download the pdf, just click on the link below for the number of your favourite label:
label 1, label 2, label 3, label 4, label 5

P.S I don't know if you've noticed, but I added a few buttons to my sidebar - I'm such a techno dunce, so it took me days to work out how to do it, but finally I think it works! Anyway, it would be lovely to see you elsewhere, so please feel free to visit me and see what else I'm getting up to

17 comments:

  1. WOW you are a STAR for doing this!!! I spent a ridiculous amount of time surfing the net a few days ago looking for pretty downloadable elderflower labels, and found nada. Yours are beeeautiful!! I'm going into production this weekend, very much looking forward to it xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thanks Lucy - That makes me sooooo happy, to know that one person will make use of my little labels makes it so worthwhile! I'm sure you know that feeling when you see people using your patterns - my ripple btw is progressing, it's just got to the square stage, I pondered finishing at square as I like it, but have decided to continue to make it rectangular as per my original plan!
      Em xx

      Delete
  2. I love these labels. I've never had an elderflower soft drink before, but if it's anywhere near as tasty as elderflower liquer then I want to try it ASAP!

    -Becca
    Ladyface Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now your talking - elderflower liquor sounds VERY good!
      Em x

      Delete
  3. Yum!! I love elderflower soda! Goes great in cocktails if I do say so myself..... :) Enjoy! ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are the second person who has mentioned alcohol!!! I think I MUST try it!
      xx

      Delete
  4. Ooh, how lovely, and how generous. I think 2 is my favourite ... very grown up and sophisticated, just like elderflower cordial :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my favourite too! I'm so glad I made it the other week, all the elderflowers have now frazzled in the sun - it's been so hot I've been guzzling the stuff, I wish I'd made more ...
      xx

      Delete
  5. Mum and I have a deal: I wash and save my 500ml sized plastic drink bottles and she makes the cordial. It's worked for years and is DELICIOUS.
    Have you tried an elderflower gin cocktail? Oooh la they're the business.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like an excellent system!!!! You are the 3rd person to mention alcohol!!! Now I know what to google, I'm going to search elderflower and gin right now - I need a drink after this last week of term!
      xx

      Delete
  6. I've never had this before, but I've always heard great things about it! I wonder if I could grow those flowers here... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG it is gorgeous - I'm going to have to research if I can send liquid in the mail, if I can I'll send you a little bottle to try!
      xx

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Emma, thank you soooo much! I have just printed label set 2 and they are perfect for my bottles of elderflower cordial. You've saved me a lot of time! It's my first time making this tasty stuff and it's delicious! I'm an at home mummy too, and it was wonderful to discover your blog and read of all the lovely things you've been up to, love Emma, from Cornwall x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Emma!!! So nice to meet you here :) Its sooooo good, isn't it?! I made it for the first time last year, the only problem was that it was such a success we finished it within a week and I have spent the rest of the year waiting for the season to come around again!!! I'm so delighted and excited to know that you have used my labels, it makes it all worthwhile :) It's so fun to imagine that they are stuck on your bottles somewhere else in the world (well, somewhere else in the UK at least!!)
      Em xx

      Delete
  9. Hi Emma. I don't think we get that plant here, but it sounds lovely! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good, I'm feeling so sad for my blog friends around the world who have never had this gorgie drink! I am defo going to research sending liquids ... I'm not too hopeful though, in this day and age :(
      xxx

      Delete